Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Since I Have My Life Before Me"

Hey everyone!

Its been so long since i last blogged. Thanks to the encouragement of my wonderful roommate brittany hines (thoughtsbybhines@blogspot.com) I decided its time to blog again. So much has happened this summer that I just couldnt zone in on something to write about. There is this one thing in particular though that I havent been able to get off my mind so I am going to share it with you.


I am in the middle of the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan and throughout the book it has been inspiring me to make the most of where I am now. This book has made me think about life in a different way, got me thinking. Recently Ive been asking myself questions like..What am I really doing in Raleigh NC this summer?  Have I become complacent and too routine? Am I living up to my full potential? What is my purpose here? Am I being selfish with my time? Is Christ my first love?

If you have asked yourself similar questions keep reading. I think you will find this inspiring, like I did. What if we lived life like Brooke Bronkowski?

This is an excerpt from the book Crazy Love, and surprisingly was written by 12 yr old Brooke Bronkowski.

Since I have My Life Before Me

I'll live my life to the fullest. I'll be happy. I'll brighten up. I will be more joyful than I have ever been. l will be kind to others. I will loosen up. I will tell others about Christ. i will go on adventures and change the world. I will be bold and not change who I really am. i will have no troubles but instead help others with their troubles.
You see, I'll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age. Oh, I'll have moments good and bad, but i will wipe away the bad and only remember the good. In fact that's all that I remember, just the good moments. nothing in between, just living my life to the fullest. I'll be on of thsoe people who go somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world-changing plan, and nothing will hold me back. I will set an example for others, i will pray for direction.
I have my life before me. I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy. I will do everything God tells me to do. I will follow the footsteps of God. I will do my best!!!

Brooke Brownkowski was tragically killed in a car accident two years later at such a young age, but had a lasting impact on so many people in her short life. She is my inspiration.

Her message hit home for me. What more can I do? What more can you do?

-Danella





2 comments:

  1. Hey Danella,
    Just found your blog. Beautiful, just like you.
    Miss you and your family.

    Praying for you and looking forward to hearing about the trip you and Bethany will be taking in July.

    Blessings,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay i love your blogs! so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete