Wednesday, November 18, 2009

AFRICA, My Passion, What's Yours?

A few years ago, I went on a mission trip to Nicaragua and it changed my life. Sounds so cliche but it could not be more true. That sole event had one of the biggest impacts on my life because I saw real poverty for the first time. I witnessed children who were being given medical care for the first time. Never in my life had I seen such a need. We stayed in an orphanage, where the children gave up their beds for our team. Though they had nothing, they were so giving. I have been blessed so much, but how much have I truly given back? Nicaragua was the first time I felt like I was actually making a difference and being a part of something greater than myself.

Today, I had some downtime and stumbled across the Mocha Club wesite. Everytime I watch a video, see a post, or hear about Africa, a burning desire for world missions is reignited in my heart. I do not know the logistics of it yet, but I feel like God is preparing me to do something mission oriented. At first I was going to become a teacher, but now my heart is set on bringing medical care to people who need it most.


So I ask this question. What can you do? You dont have to go to Nicaragua or Africa to serve. It can be something simple. Help a friend. Buy someone coffee. Everyone can make a difference somehow. Its up to you.

I watched this video today and was truly inspired. Hope you are to. Love you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment