Saturday, November 21, 2009

Music, Desire, Delight

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." -Psalms 37

When I read that verse this morning I could not stop thinking about it. Over the past few days, God has been giving me a new passion for him. Moving my ipod dock into my bathroom was definitely a good idea. Lately, I have been waking up every morning and playing through worship songs as I get ready. Through that, I have found a new meaning in "delighting" in the Lord. As I listen to Hillsong's "Arms Open Wide" and "Hold  Me Now" and many others I get this overwhelming sense of peace and joy as I turn my thoughts and my heart over to Him. My days have been starting out better because I feel renewed, even on the days where I go to bed at 3:30 and get up at 6:30 (Fri. morning).  The days I do this, God has been blessing me in more ways than one.

We do not have to be in church to worship God. It can be throughout our day as we listen to our ipods or pray to Him. So I encourage you to think about ways that you can delight in the Lord in your daily life. I promise you will not regret it!! :)

Hillsong's "Arms Open Wide"



P.S. If you dont know where to start, you can also try listening to Phil Wickham's new "Heaven and Earth" CD! So good! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment